Wednesday, 17 October 2012

A couple of bits of good news!

Good afternoon!

I am very well aware that I missed a post last week, and was late with this one! (I'm sorry everybody). Unfortunately I spend all my time doing French work, so far in the six weeks we've been back I've had no less than 30 pieces of French homework, plus essays for my other two subjects! I spent 5 hours doing it yesterday and have been given another 4 hours worth due tomorrow. To top it off I left my USB stick, with my personal statement for university entry on it, at school!

I had a little mental breakdown then decided to give up and blog instead.

But enough with the bad news because I've got some good news next!

Good News Number One: The arrival of Paramount Pictures

Yup, I'm really excited for this! About 2-ish hours away from where I live, in a place called Kent, plans have been made for a Paramount Pictures theme park, said to be bigger than Disneyland Paris! Of course, I shall always be a Disney girl for life  but I'm glad the UK is finally getting and actual THEMED theme park. I mean, we've got Thorpe Park, Alton Towers and the like but no actual movie themed parks at ALL!
Opening in 2018 (ages away) and will include Europe's Biggest EVER water park!

Look at it! Six years to go! ^-^ I'll be all moved out and done with uni by then so... that's a long ol' while!

Good News Number Two: MCM IS IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!

This is really what I'm excited for! My very first proper anime/comics/games convention! I'm so very excited! I'm kinda bummed though as my parents aren't entirely fond of me being... well... a downright anime geek and so wouldn't let me fork out a fair amount of money on cosplay. (I was looking at full Gumi cosplay for about £150...) So I decided to keep it simple and do a Rolling Girl cosplay but as Gumi (because she's awesome!)
The line up is a thing of awesomeness. Matt Smith is there on the Friday only but I have school that day! So I'm going on the Saturday instead! However I felt immediately better upon finding out that some of my favourite people will be there: Ali Hillis, who plays Lightning in Final Fantasy; Liam O'Brien, who plays Gaara *fangirls*, Tomska (ASDF MOVIES FTW!), the cast and crew of Eddsworld (sadly minus Edd, He'll never be forgotten, that Internet legend!) and the guy who sculpted Darth Vader's mask (I forgot his name)
<(^-^;)

I suppose I should wrap this up and go back to panicking about life!

So this weeks top 3 vocaloid songs are:

Number 3: Rolling Girl by wowaka, sung by Miku!

Because of my upcoming cosplay, I've been listening to this song a lot lately and just casually having a boogie!  A classic vocaloid song! I just need to finish my skirt and get some eyeshadow without sparkles (because funnily enough bruises look a LOT less real when they are glittering!)
 
 
Number 2: Slow Paced Chaser by morlbon, sung by Megurine Luka
Possibly may have posted this before, I remember talking about it somewhere before now... Anyhow, I never really liked Luka at first, it took me ages to start liking her songs. However I really do like her voice! I love the little clock in this and the absolutely adorable artwork!  
 

Number 1: A Tale of Six Trillion Years and One Night by kemu and Sung by IA
The second IA song I ever heard and, unlike Luka (sorry Luka I love you now) I loved her right off the bat. This song is my personal favourite and I can't believe I've never posted it before! It's one of those songs I can NEVER EVER get sick of! I just love it so much!

 
Bye bye everyone! I promise to post on time next week!
                              -Love Lottie!

1 comment:

  1. lottie!!!! <3333333333

    omg the paramount thing is so awesome!! in six years we will go together!! haha!!

    AND OMG YOUR CONVENTION SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!! O,o all those celebs are going?!?!?!?!?!? whyyyyyy am i stuck in usa?!?!?!?!?!!? T^T

    your costume sounds great tho!!!!! my parents didn't fork over money for my first con, either, so i went as misty!!! XD i spent sooooo much money tho so listen to Eliza's advice, because it's seriously good.

    Also, HAVE SO MUCH FUN THERE!!!! cons are freaking amazing i LOVE THEM!!!

    I will just have to come see you when mcm comes back and we can go together! mweehehehe >XD

    And also, WE HAVE TO GO TO NEW FANTASYLAND TOGETHER!!!!!!!! Maybe next year is better because that's when everything will be done!!!!
    Until then~ ;_;

    Also, great musiq, as always!!! XD I love rolling girl!!!

    I AM excited for epic mickey 2!!! yay!!!!

    also, hrm, i think *maybe* go with the wii because there are so many more games and I play it a lot more than the ps3. But maybe that will all change in the future, especially since the wii-u is coming out soon!!!

    I *loved* code lyoko when i was little! granted, sometimes i didn't know what the bloody hell was going on, but it was so much fun to watch!! and the theme song rocked!!!

    anyway, sadly, my dear, i do have to go :((( i have to cram (I MEAN STUDY) for an exam tomorrow. but i only have two classes so yaai~ college can have such good points!!

    in the mean time, we must find a wizard and force him-or do a lot of begging-to cast a spell so that we can go to cons and theme parks together!!!!

    Oh! which reminds me, universal studios in FL is getting rid of the JAWS ride, (aww), in order to EXPAND THE HARRY POTTER THEME PARK (yaaaaay!!!!!!)

    So maybe you can also visit for that!!!!

    Or, you know, I come visit you! ;)

    Until that day~!!!

    Have a great week and weekend, my dear!!

    <3333 Sonny

    ReplyDelete