Saturday, 12 November 2011

A book review (LACK OF CREATIVE TITLE)

Ever get the feeling when somethings wrong? It's freaky but I've been feeling like this all week, like when you go out and realise you've forgotten something reeeeally important, but you just can't remember what...   Hm... Maybe I'll eventually remember what it is.

Anyhooo... I've been catching up on my reading lately, latest book to read: A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I absolutely loved  reading this book, the storyline was really intricately written which keeps you guessing. It was filled with witches, demons and (French yay!) vampires (ones that don't sparkle in the sun, for a nice change ^^). I'm very eagerly awaiting the second installment in the series Shadow of Darkness. Also the Warner Brother's company has brought the rights to make a film!

The heroine of the book, a witch who denys her powers named Diana Bishop, discovers a transcript named Ashmole 782 and almost immediately sends it back after discovering three pages were missing and words were swirling all over the place. She discovers that she is the only one who can reclaim it. A swarm of other creatures, all of whom want the manuscript, including a vampire Matthew Clairmont. Together with said vampire she journeys to try and discover the secrets of the manuscript, taking her to La Belle France. I'm gonna shut up now before I give too much away.  >.< 



And, on a completely unrelated note, I must  go to MCM next year...


No comments:

Post a Comment